When I made LiBelly, the pattern used lace for the wings. I live in a remote area and couldn’t find any lace locally – you’d think that I was searching for gold! I postponed finishing up the LiBellies as I had a trip planned to Montreal and also to the Montpelier area where there was a JoAnne Fabric. While I was able to find a limited amount of colors in lace fabric, when I got them home they just didn’t look right.
Determined to finally finish the Libellies, I decided to crochet the upper dragonfly wings using #10 cotton and a size B hook.
You can switch out the size of the yarn and substitute an appropriate sized hook to make the finished wings larger, depending on what you wanted to use them for. I could see using both sets of wings together and doing an adorable dragonfly Halloween costume.!