I’ve had a lot of interest in the modification that I made to the Octavia the Octopus pattern (that is a free pattern from Yarnspirations on Ravelry).
My modifications include stitch counts and instructions for making Octavia anatomically correct by having 8 tentacles instead of the 7 in the original pattern.
When originally making Octavia, I found myself hastily rewriting and reworking the pattern to include stitch counts and to provide her with 8 tentacles rather than the 7 that the pattern produced. I also found that when you follow the pattern and go to attach the bottom of the body and tentacles to the head and upper portion of the tentacles that when you go to match the tentacles instead of matching wrong side together, you are attaching the wrong side of the body with the right side of the bottom of the amigurumi. The pattern offered no warning or clear instructions for actually matching up the wrong sides of the fabric. I was really disappointed in the pattern flaws I found, I guess I expected more from a large company.
Please note: There are some issues with this pattern – the stitch counts are correct but increases/decreases are written incorrectly. I apologize for this and will correct it as soon as I can crochet again, make another one, and correct the errors. My fingers are so swollen that I have lost all mobility in them.